SEAT Mii electric (2020-2021) review
The SEAT Mii electric delivers a handy amount of range for a small city car, and is great value thanks to its low price
- Keenly priced
- Handles well
- Small boot
- Cramped on long journeys
- No touchscreen infotainment
|Car type||Electric range||Wallbox charge time||Rapid charge time|
|Electric||160 miles||4hrs (0-80%, 7.2kW)||1hr (0-80%, 40kW)|
The SEAT Mii is based on the design of a small petrol-engined car – along with its Volkswagen e-up! and Skoda Citigo siblings. The Mii makes use of a 36.8kWh battery good for 161 miles of range from a single charge. Power comes from an 82bhp electric motor turning the front wheels.
As of June 2021, the Mii is available from SEAT dealers on a 'stock only' basis, with production coming to a close at the end of the year. It's aimed at owners who predominantly drive in an urban environment: it's small, best enjoyed at lower speeds and – while more expensive than a petrol version – much cheaper to run. The promise of low running costs will make a persuasive case for the SEAT’s city-dwelling target market.
And if all this appeals, potential owners should take comfort in the fact that SEAT finished in the top half of the 2020 Driver Power owner satisfaction survey, with particularly high scores for handling and running costs. While SEAT fell short of Skoda’s impressive fifth-place finish, it beat sister brands Volkswagen and Audi.
All in all, the SEAT Mii electric is terrific value, but the existence of the cheaper and broadly similar Citigo-e iV means it's worth considering if you need the extra kit the SEAT adds. And make sure you can live with its shortcomings; it shouldn't be your first choice for motorway work, for example.
It feels right at home zipping through city traffic on a daily commute or weekly shopping run, and while it can hold its own on faster roads, range plummets and its usefulness diminishes. As a comfortable, peppy companion around town, however, the SEAT Mii electric makes a lot of sense. For a more detailed look at the SEAT Mii electric, read on for the rest of our in-depth review...
In This Review
- 1Verdict - currently readingThe SEAT Mii electric delivers a handy amount of range for a small city car, and is great value thanks to its low price
- 2Range, battery & chargingA relatively short range means the Mii electric is best suited to city work; snappy rapid charging is a nice touch
- 3Running costsThe Mii electric's recipe of light weight plus electric power makes it very affordable to run
- 4Electric motor, drive & performanceThe Mii electric is pleasant to drive and zippy around town, but feels a little out of its depth at higher speeds
- 5Interior & comfortIt's not the biggest, but the Mii electric is a comfortable city car all the same
- 6Practicality & boot spacePracticality doesn't take much of a dent following the Mii's switch to electric power, but it's still a small car
- 7Reliability & safetyThe Mii electric's small size and spartan kit mean safety ratings aren't the best, but there should be little to go wrong