Volvo S60 Recharge T8 hybrid boot space & seating
As the Volvo S60 Recharge T8 is a saloon, ultimate practicality is limited, but it still acquits itself well compared to rivals
|Length||Width||Height||Boot volume (seats up)|
Any practicality criticisms of the S60 must be tempered by the fact that there's an equivalent V60 estate model with a larger and more practically shaped boot available for a few hundred pounds more. So if it's sheer load-lugging capability you're after, we'll point you in that direction. But if you prefer the smarter shape and slightly more civilised nature of a four-door saloon, stick around.
Volvo S60 Recharge T8 hybrid interior space, storage & comfort
The S60 T8 is reasonably spacious inside, and tall adults should have no major complaints when sitting behind someone of similar height. Footroom can be a little tight with the front seats in their lowest position, however, and is also encroached on by a pretty chunky transmission tunnel. Elsewhere, head and legroom is good for the class all round, proving that you don't need an estate or SUV to offer generous passenger space.
The S60 does slightly better than its close rival the BMW 330e here. Both cars have a reduced boot volume compared to their petrol and diesel stablemates, with the Volvo's capacity dropping from 442 to 390 litres and the BMW from 480 to 375.
In This Review
- 1VerdictExcellent company-car running costs count in the Volvo S60 Recharge T8's favour, but it's not as sporty to drive as its looks suggest
- 2Range, MPG, CO2 & chargingThe Volvo S60 Recharge T8 has an impressive electric range, as well as excellent on-paper CO2 and MPG figures
- 3Running costs & insuranceInsurance and servicing won't be the cheapest, but company-car drivers enjoy a low tax rate with the Volvo S60 Recharge T8
- 4Performance, engine & driveThe Volvo S60 Recharge T8 looks sporty and is plenty powerful, but its handling isn't quite up to scratch
- 5Interior, dashboard & comfortVolvo's recent strong run of form with interior design continues with the S60 Recharge T8
- 6Boot space, seating & practicality - currently readingAs the Volvo S60 Recharge T8 is a saloon, ultimate practicality is limited, but it still acquits itself well compared to rivals
- 7Reliability & safety ratingReliability and safety are two areas where the Volvo S60 Recharge T8 is particularly strong
- 8Living with itHow do the Volvo S60 plug-in hybrid's eye-opening fuel-economy stats stack up in the real world? We ran one for six months to find out...