Volvo S60 Recharge T8 hybrid costs, insurance, warranty & tax
Insurance and servicing won't be the cheapest, but company-car drivers enjoy a low tax rate with the Volvo S60 Recharge T8
|Insurance group||Warranty||Service interval||2021/22 company-car tax cost (20%/40%)|
|42-43||3yrs / 60,000 miles||1yr / 18,000 miles||From £1,012 / £2,025|
The Volvo S60 Recharge T8 has been specifically designed to be cheap to run, and if you keep the battery topped up and undertake mostly short journeys, your regular fuel bills will be significantly less than if you were running a normal petrol or diesel-engined car. Company-car tax is reasonable, too, courtesy of those low CO2 emissions. Other costs are more commensurate with Volvo's status as a premium brand, though.
Volvo S60 Recharge T8 hybrid insurance group
A powerful engine and Volvo's upmarket brand are a recipe for fairly steep insurance costs: the S60 Recharge T8 falls into groups 42 and 43 here, so premiums are likely to be higher than even a direct rival like the BMW 330e, which is in group 33.
You get a three-year/60,000-mile standard warranty with the S60 Recharge T8 – the same as for any new Volvo sold in the UK – which is roughly on par with premium rivals like Mercedes, Audi and BMW.
One year or 18,000 miles is the service interval for the S60 Recharge T8. Exact servicing costs are determined by individual dealers, but you can get an indicative rate using a tool on the Volvo UK website.
As a hybrid, the S60 Recharge T8 gets a £10 discount on the standard annual VED rate of £155, dropping it to £145. But this car also costs more than £40,000 in all trim levels, so you have to pay an additional 'premium surcharge' of £335 annually across years two to six of the car's life, meaning a £480 annual bill during that period.
In This Review
- 1VerdictExcellent company-car running costs count in the Volvo S60 Recharge T8's favour, but it's not as sporty to drive as its looks suggest
- 2Range, MPG, CO2 & chargingThe Volvo S60 Recharge T8 has an impressive electric range, as well as excellent on-paper CO2 and MPG figures
- 3Running costs & insurance - currently readingInsurance and servicing won't be the cheapest, but company-car drivers enjoy a low tax rate with the Volvo S60 Recharge T8
- 4Performance, engine & driveThe Volvo S60 Recharge T8 looks sporty and is plenty powerful, but its handling isn't quite up to scratch
- 5Interior, dashboard & comfortVolvo's recent strong run of form with interior design continues with the S60 Recharge T8
- 6Boot space, seating & practicalityAs the Volvo S60 Recharge T8 is a saloon, ultimate practicality is limited, but it still acquits itself well compared to rivals
- 7Reliability & safety ratingReliability and safety are two areas where the Volvo S60 Recharge T8 is particularly strong