Vauxhall Corsa-e vs Renault ZOE: space and practicality
The Renault ZOE is the more practical choice here; the Corsa-e has less room for passengers
As with many electric models that are related to petrol and diesel cars (in this case the normal Vauxhall Corsa and the Renault Clio), these two electric superminis aren’t quite as spacious as they could be because of their big batteries.
The ZOE is a clear winner overall, though, because it makes better use of its interior space. The boot is a good example: at 338 litres with the rear seats in place, it’s quite a bit bigger than the Corsa-e’s 267-litre space. Fold the seats down and you can open up 1,225 litres in the Renault, or 1,076 litres in the Vauxhall.
The ZOE also has the advantage for passenger space. There’s more leg and headroom available in the back seats, although you sit lower down in the Corsa-e, which can be more comfortable for some people. There’s not really enough room for adults to do long trips in the back, but that’s fine in these city-focused models.
For interior storage, the cars are evenly matched. Both have big door bins and a tray for your mobile phone near the gear selector on the centre console.
In This Review
- 1IntroWhich of these two electric superminis makes the most sense for urban living, commuting and family life?
- 2Range, battery & chargingThe ZOE can go further than the Corsa-e on a single charge, but is slower to charge at public stations
- 3Running costs & warrantyBoth of these electric superminis will cost a whole lot less to run than an equivalent petrol model
- 4Performance & handlingWhile both cars are nippy and easy to drive, the Corsa-e is a bit more fun and the ZOE is more comfortable
- 5Interior & infotainmentThe ZOE inches ahead on interior quality, and smartphone connectivity bolsters both infotainment set-ups
- 6Space & practicality - currently readingThe Renault ZOE is the more practical choice here; the Corsa-e has less room for passengers
- 7Safety & reliablityThe Renault is slightly safer, while neither should be unreliable
- 8Verdict & specificationsThe Renault ZOE outshines the Vauxhall Corsa-e in several key areas, but it’s a fairly close result