Renault Kangoo E-TECH electric (2011-2021) running costs, insurance, warranty & tax
The Renault Kangoo E-TECH is competitively priced compared to rival electric vans and will be very cheap to run
The Kangoo E-TECH was reasonably priced when sold new and so should be pretty affordable on the used market, too – although it will set you back more than an equivalent diesel model. There are savings to be had in other areas, including zero road tax (it’s £250 for a regular LCV), exemption from the London Congestion Charge until 2025 and free entry to other planned low-emissions zones.
Renault Kangoo E-TECH electric insurance group
The Kangoo E-TECH falls into similar insurance groups to its rivals, ranging from 30 to 33.
Until the end of January 2018, all Renaults came with a four-year/100,000-mile warranty. However, as most buyers on finance take out three-year deals, Renault revised its warranty cover to reflect this, taking it down to a three-year/100,000-mile warranty on all models. In addition there’s a five-year/100,000-mile warranty on the battery and four years/100,000 miles of cover for the rest of the electric drive system.
Renault offers variable servicing deals on the Kangoo E-TECH that are dependent on the kind of miles you do in a year and the battery contract you take out when purchasing.
All Kangoo E-TECHs are road-tax-exempt, as they have zero tailpipe emissions. Van benefit tax, where applicable, is also zero.
In This Review
- 1VerdictWith a wide choice of body styles, the Renault Kangoo electric is more versatile than its main rivals – although this version has now been discontinued and a replacement is coming soon
- 2Range, battery & chargingDevelopments boosted the Renault Kangoo E-TECH's range since it first went on sale, but its charging speed is limited by modern standards
- 3Running costs & insurance - currently readingThe Renault Kangoo E-TECH is competitively priced compared to rival electric vans and will be very cheap to run
- 4Performance, motor & driveThe Renault Kangoo E-TECH has enough power for making progress around town, however it's anything but fast
- 5Interior, dashboard & comfortThe Renault Kangoo E-TECH is a van, and the quality of the cab doesn't let you forget that fact
- 6Boot space, seating & load spaceThere's decent capacity inside, especially in the larger Kangoo E-TECH Maxi version
- 7Reliability & safety ratingTried-and-tested electric running gear should help the Renault Kangoo E-TECH's reliability