Lexus LC 500h running costs
A luxurious sports coupe with an £80,000 price tag is never going to be cheap to run
|Insurance group||Warranty||Service intervals||2021/22 company-car tax cost (20%/40%)|
|47-49||3yrs / 60,000 miles||N/a||From £5,860 / £11,719|
The Lexus LC hybrid isn’t exactly affordable, with prices ranging from around £86,000 to £92,000, but by the standards of such high-performance coupes, it's one of the cheaper options in terms of its running costs.
Lexus LC 500h insurance group
The Lexus LC 500h gets insurance group ratings from 47 to 49 depending on specifications, which means premiums will be similar to rivals like the Mercedes SL.
A standard three-year/60,000-mile warranty applies to all Lexus models, but the hybrids get an extra couple of years of cover for the battery and powertrain – although the 60,000-mile cap remains.
Lexus is transparent about service costs and publishes them all on its website. That’s why we can tell you intermediate services for the LC at 10,000, 30,000 and 50,000 miles will cost £375, while intermediate services at 20,000 and 40,000 miles will cost £595 and £625 respectively.
As all Lexus LC models are well over the £40,000 threshold for extra road tax, owners of the hybrid have to pay £480 the first five times they tax it. The first year 'showroom tax' is a whopping £860.
In This Review
- 1VerdictWith stunning concept-car looks and thrilling performance, the LC proves ‘hybrid’ needn’t mean dull
- 2MPG & CO2 emissionsWith similar performance, the hybrid Lexus LC knocks spots off the V8 model when it comes to fuel economy and CO2 emissions
- 3Running costs - currently readingA luxurious sports coupe with an £80,000 price tag is never going to be cheap to run
- 4Engines, drive & performanceUp-to-date powertrain technology and an agile chassis make the LC 500h an impressive performer
- 5Interior & comfortThe LC's ergonomics aren’t quite up to German standards, but quality and ambience are superb
- 6Practicality & boot spaceThe Lexus LC is a great grand tourer for two people sharing one person's luggage
- 7Reliability & safetyAs a Lexus flagship model, anything less than flawless would be a failure for the LC here