Lexus ES 300h MPG & CO2 emissions
The Lexus ES 300h is targeted primarily at business users, and there are definite tax benefits over diesel rivals
|MPG (combined)||MPG (high)||MPG (low)||CO2 emissions|
With its attractive MPG and CO2 figures, the Lexus promises to deliver competitive economy and emissions, although plug-in hybrid alternatives promise to do much better still.
Lexus ES 300h MPG
The combination of petrol power and electric motor assistance work to good effect in the new Lexus, with the promise of an average 53mpg return from every gallon of unleaded. Toyota and Lexus have both decided to rid their line-ups of diesel engines, but in the case of the Lexus ES, that’s clearly no hardship.
The secret of the ES’ success lies partly in the development of the more efficient combustion technology for petrol engines that Lexus has used since 2005. In fact, the company claims its 2.5-litre engine is one of the most thermally efficient engines in a production car – resulting in more power without increasing emissions or fuel consumption.
The Lexus ES has a very creditable CO2 rating of 119-128g/km, which is better than many diesel-powered rival models. For instance, the 2.0-litre TDI Audi A6 saloon has emissions of over 140g/km.
In This Review
- 1VerdictThe ES 300h is luxurious, good to drive and beautifully built, with CO2 emissions that will please company-car taxpayers
- 2MPG & CO2 emissions - currently readingThe Lexus ES 300h is targeted primarily at business users, and there are definite tax benefits over diesel rivals
- 3Running costsCompetitive pricing, economy and company-car tax advantages all work in favour of the ES 300h
- 4Engines, drive & performanceThe Lexus ES 300h hybrid is superbly cosseting when driven in a relaxed fashion
- 5Interior & comfortThe Lexus ES 300h’s interior is beautifully made and interesting to look at, but the infotainment system is fiddly
- 6Practicality & boot spaceThe Lexus ES 300h’s ‘long coupe’ styling limits rear headroom, and the big boot is not as versatile as in popular SUVs
- 7Reliability & safetyWith plenty of safety kit and a rock-solid reliability story, the Lexus ES 300h has your peace of mind covered