Jeep Renegade 4xe plug-in hybrid boot space & seating
Lots of room for passengers to get comfortable, but only average boot space
|Length||Width||Height||Boot volume (seats up/down)|
The Jeep's boxy styling isn't just for show – it allows for a well-proportioned cabin that prioritised passenger space and comfort. Adults sitting in the front or the back benefit from acres of head room and ample leg, knee and elbow/shoulder space. A high driving position and comfortable, well-bolstered seats are also highlights.
Some rivals are just as practical, but the Jeep is the only car in its class that feels like a more traditional SUV in its proportions and lofty stance – a very appealing trait for many. It's a great car around town for this reason; an easy-to-judge square bonnet and commanding driving position, just like you get on a 'proper' full-size offroader.
Jeep Renegade 4xe interior space, storage & comfort
Passenger space is ample all-round, with only the central rear seat feeling a a bit too tight for a adult to spend a long time in. Jeep has done well to fill the interior with practical touches, including a pair of front cupholders, multiple USB slots and plenty of cubbyholes for smaller items, including one dedicated to smartphones.
The Renegade is still a compact car despite its ample passenger space – so that means the boot had to suffer slightly. It measures in at 330 litres – some 20 litres down on the standard car's already slightly pokey load area. Still, at least the space that is provided is of a useful shape and unhampered by a sloping rear window. Fold the seats down and there's 1,277 litres in total.
In This Review
- 1VerdictThe Jeep Renegade 4xe is the brand's first plug-in hybrid, combining the benefits of electrification with Jeep's trademark off-road prowess
- 2MPG, CO2 & chargingThe Jeep Renegade hybrid's figures are respectable, but some rivals beat it on paper
- 3Running costs & insuranceThe Renegade 4xe follows the plug-in hybrid formula: cheaper to fuel and tax, slightly more expensive to insure
- 4Performance, engine & driveIt's far from being the most engaging SUV on the road, but few cars in its class can match the Renegade 4xe when the tarmac ends
- 5Interior, dashboard & comfortThe Renegade is a comfortable small SUV with good infotainment, but its interior feels a little plasticky
- 6Boot space, seating & practicality - currently readingLots of room for passengers to get comfortable, but only average boot space
- 7Reliability & safety ratingA low Euro NCAP score disappoints, but the Jeep should be fairly reliable