DS 7 Crossback E-TENSE practicality & boot space
There's no loss of boot space compared to the petrol or diesel Crossback, so the E-TENSE is still a good choice for hauling passengers and luggage
|Length||Width||Height||Boot volume (seats up/down)|
The DS 7 Crossback is a luxurious and stylish-looking car, but it doesn't lose sight of the more humdrum factors necessary for useful everyday transport. It shares a mechanical platform with less glamorous models like the Citroen C5 Aircross Hybrid, Peugeot 3008 Hybrid and Vauxhall Grandland X Hybrid; the Crossback can be just as practical and versatile as they are, albeit for a higher list price.
DS 7 Crossback E-TENSE interior space, storage & comfort
The DS 7 is a five-seater only; there's no option to add small seats in the boot to make it a seven-seater like some versions of the Skoda Kodiaq or the non-hybrid Mitsubishi Outlander. Those five passengers travel in comfort, enjoying well padded and supportive seats and plenty of space to stretch out, front or back. Adding the optional panoramic sunroof cuts into the available headroom a bit, but as it's quite generous in the first place, it's not a major issue.
The DS 7 Crossback E-TENSE's boot can hold 555 litres of luggage with the rear seats in place, expanding to a maximum of 1,752 litres once the seats are folded down. Unlike some other plug-in hybrids, those figures are identical to what's on offer in the petrol and diesel versions of the Crossback, so there's no loss in practicality when you go for the plug-in hybrid.
In This Review
- 1VerdictThe plug-in hybrid DS 7 Crossback E-TENSE SUV offers up to 40 miles of electric range and plenty of luxurious touches, but it's quite expensive
- 2Range, MPG, CO2 & chargingA decent electric range and swift charging time offset the fact that the DS 7 Crossback E-TENSE probably won't be massively efficient in petrol mode
- 3Running costsCompany-car drivers stand to save most with the DS 7 Crossback E-TENSE; private buyers have to swallow a pretty hefty list price
- 4Engines, drive & performanceThe DS 7 Crossback E-TENSE is a fast and comfortable long-distance cruiser, but it's not as impressive on a twisty backroad as some rivals
- 5Interior & comfortWhile its quirky design may not be to everyone's taste, the DS 7 Crossback E-TENSE definitely has a luxurious and high-tech feel inside
- 6Practicality & boot space - currently readingThere's no loss of boot space compared to the petrol or diesel Crossback, so the E-TENSE is still a good choice for hauling passengers and luggage
- 7Reliability & safetyProven hardware from other PSA Group brands and a decent showing in Euro NCAP crash testing provide reassurance for potential DS 7 owners