Toyota Corolla Saloon reliability & safety
The Toyota Corolla Saloon comes with a 100,000-mile/five-year warranty, offering immense peace of mind
|Euro NCAP||Adult protection||Child protection||Safety assistance|
|5 stars (2019)||95%||84%||77%|
The Corolla hasn't been on sale in the UK for that long but has already made a name for itself in the reliability stakes. It's safe, too, with a strong crash-test rating from Euro NCAP and loads of standard safety kit.
Toyota Corolla Saloon reliability & problems
Hybrid Toyotas tend to be very reliable: the Prius especially is known to be a dependable runabout, trusted by minicab drivers across the globe. We’ve no reason to expect any major problems with the Corolla Saloon: the hatchback version achieved a strong seventh-place finish in the 2020 Driver Power owner satisfaction survey, with just 7.7% of owners reporting faults.
A five-year/100-000-mile warranty will give you the reassurance that, if anything does go wrong, the manufacturer will cover it within the limits set out when you sign the paperwork at the dealership. In June 2021, Toyota introduced an extension to its warranty offering, called 'Toyota Relax'. This means you can continue extending your Toyota's warranty cover up to 10 years or 100,000 miles, simply by getting it serviced on time at an official Toyota dealer each year.
The Corolla Saloon wasn't specifically evaluated by Euro NCAP for crash safety, but the closely related hatchback model scored the full five stars, with a 95% adult protection rating, an 84% child protection rating and a 77% score for its safety-assistance systems. All trim levels come with Toyota’s ‘Safety Sense’ pack as standard, which is stuffed with technology designed to reduce the prospect of a crash. Included are a pre-collision system, adaptive cruise control, lane-departure warning, road-sign recognition and automatic high-beam headlights, which react to oncoming traffic on their own.
In This Review
- 1VerdictThe hybrid Toyota Corolla Saloon is a well executed car in a class with few rivals
- 2MPG & CO2 emissionsEconomy and emissions on the Toyota Corolla Saloon are decent for a car of this size
- 3Running costsLow CO2 emissions make the Toyota Corolla Saloon an attractive company car, and other running costs are low, too
- 4Engines, drive & performanceThe Toyota Corolla Saloon is a relaxing motorway cruiser, although you’ll get the best fuel economy around town
- 5Interior & comfortThe Toyota Corolla Saloon looks smart inside and is pretty well equipped, even in the lowest trim level
- 6Practicality & boot spaceThe Toyota Corolla Saloon has a bigger boot than the hatchback, but headroom suffers compared to the estate
- 7Reliability & safety - currently readingThe Toyota Corolla Saloon comes with a 100,000-mile/five-year warranty, offering immense peace of mind