Toyota Corolla Saloon practicality & boot space
The Toyota Corolla Saloon has a bigger boot than the hatchback, but headroom suffers compared to the estate
|Length||Width||Height||Boot volume (seats up)|
The Toyota Corolla Saloon will seat five adults, although the passenger in the middle rear seat may have to put up with less shoulder space depending on their size.
Toyota Corolla Saloon interior space, storage & comfort
Overall, interior space is very good: the Corolla Saloon sits on the same platform as the Touring Sports estate, which means legroom and kneeroom are plentiful both in the front and in the back.
However, the saloon bodystyle has a negative effect on headroom in the rear because the roofline swoops downwards at the back of the car.
When it comes to passenger space, the Ford Mondeo Hybrid is probably the better bet: it’s slightly longer than the Corolla Saloon Hybrid, affording more room to occupants. Its boot is much smaller, however.
The Corolla Saloon boasts 471 litres of boot space, comfortably more than the 361 litres you get from the hatchback, but a good deal behind the near-600 litres offered by the Touring Sports estate.
There’s less scope to load bulky items into the Corolla Saloon, because shape of the car reduces the aperture of the boot, and the rear seats don't fold down. That said, the boot is a decent size and will happily hold a couple of suitcases and a pair of weekend bags.
In This Review
- 1VerdictThe hybrid Toyota Corolla Saloon is a well executed car in a class with few rivals
- 2MPG & CO2 emissionsEconomy and emissions on the Toyota Corolla Saloon are decent for a car of this size
- 3Running costsLow CO2 emissions make the Toyota Corolla Saloon an attractive company car, and other running costs are low, too
- 4Engines, drive & performanceThe Toyota Corolla Saloon is a relaxing motorway cruiser, although you’ll get the best fuel economy around town
- 5Interior & comfortThe Toyota Corolla Saloon looks smart inside and is pretty well equipped, even in the lowest trim level
- 6Practicality & boot space - currently readingThe Toyota Corolla Saloon has a bigger boot than the hatchback, but headroom suffers compared to the estate
- 7Reliability & safetyThe Toyota Corolla Saloon comes with a 100,000-mile/five-year warranty, offering immense peace of mind