Skoda Citigoᵉ iV (2019-2020) practicality & boot space
Add the variable boot floor to the electric Skoda Citigoᵉ iV and you have a big-enough boot and some cable storage, too
|Length||Width||Height||Boot volume (seats up/down)|
The Skoda is one of the more practical city cars on the market, with space for four adults to sit in fair comfort, and room in the boot to squeeze a surprising amount of luggage. You can legally seat three on the rear bench, but it’ll be a tight squeeze, even with three kids.
Skoda Citigoᵉ iV electric interior space, storage & comfort
The Skoda is by nature a fairly basic car, with seats that simply adjust fore, aft, up and down, plus back adjustment. You might get an achy back if you spend hours at a time in the driver’s seat, but generally the seats are supportive and adjustable enough to suit most frames on shorter journeys. There’s a single fixed cup-holder in front of the gear selector that’ll take a large takeaway mug, and the doorbins will carry a small bottle of water.
The 250-litre boot is short but deep, so adding the £75 variable boot floor isn’t only great for creating useful cable storage, but it also raises the boot floor up so it’s flush with the boot lip and the folded rear seats. There's a fixed cubby for cable storage tucked in the floor under the load lip, but it’s only big enough to take one carefully-wound cable.
In This Review
- 1VerdictThe electric Skoda Citigoᵉ iV is a great entry point to electric motoring and can be very cheap if you don't need fast charging
- 2Range, battery & chargingThe electric Skoda Citigoᵉ iV has decent range, but DC fast charging is optional on the entry-level SE and isn’t terribly fast even when added
- 3Running costsThe electric Skoda Citigoᵉ iV is as cheap as it gets if you want a small electric hatchback that’s easy to live with day-to-day
- 4Electric motor, drive & performanceThe electric Skoda Citigoᵉ iV is fit for purpose in every way, and quite fun to drive around town, even though the ride quality could be better
- 5Interior & comfortThe electric Skoda Citigoᵉ iV is cheap and cheerful inside, but still pleasant and comfortable to spend time in
- 6Practicality & boot space - currently readingAdd the variable boot floor to the electric Skoda Citigoᵉ iV and you have a big-enough boot and some cable storage, too
- 7Reliability & safetyThe electric Skoda Citigoᵉ iV is safer than its Euro NCAP crash-test rating might suggest, but we’d still like to see AEB offered as an option