Kia XCeed PHEV practicality & boot space
The Kia XCeed isn't as practical as the hatchback or estate versions of the car, and the addition of hybrid hardware further reduces space inside
|Length||Width||Height||Boot volume (seats up/down)|
If you're looking for the most practical plug-in Kia, this isn't it. The Niro PHEV is both more spacious for passengers and can hold more luggage than the XCeed, so family buyers may be better off with one of those. Younger couples or retirees may have all the space they need in the XCeed, however.
Kia XCeed PHEV interior space, storage & comfort
As it's based on the popular Ceed hatchback, the XCeed is still very much a family car, but its stylish exterior lines have required a few compromises inside. The rising windowline means back-seat passengers – particularly little ones – don't get a great view out, while there isn't a huge amount of knee and foot room in the back for longer-legged occupants.
This is another area where there's a reduction in space from Ceed to XCeed: 426 litres in the non-hybrid five-door hatchback becomes just 291 litres in the plug-in SUV, due to room given over to the car's battery pack.
In This Review
- 1VerdictThe Kia XCeed hybrid isn't sporty or satisfying to drive, but its mix of quality, style and affordable running costs mean it still has plenty of appeal
- 2Range, MPG, CO2 & chargingThe XCeed hybrid has decent official electric range and returns strong fuel economy in real-world driving
- 3Running costsCompany-car drivers benefit most from the XCeed's low CO2 emissions, but low-mileage private buyers will find it cost-effective, too
- 4Engines, drive & performanceUnlike some plug-in hybrids, the XCeed PHEV isn't particularly fast or fun to drive
- 5Interior & comfortIt won't wow you with its design, but the XCeed hybrid's interior is solidly built, well laid-out and filled with impressive in-car technology
- 6Practicality - currently readingThe Kia XCeed isn't as practical as the hatchback or estate versions of the car, and the addition of hybrid hardware further reduces space inside
- 7Reliability & safetySafety and reliability have long been Kia watchwords, and things should be no different with this plug-in hybrid XCeed