Honda e reliability & safety
The Honda e has no Euro NCAP crash-test rating yet, but it’s packed with driver aids
The Honda hasn’t been independently crash-tested by Euro NCAP yet, but it's very generously equipped with safety equipment. Reliability should be very good, although the car is too new for ownership data to be available.
Honda e reliability & problems
There’s too little data on the Honda e to judge accurately how reliable it'll be, but Honda has a great reputation for dependability as a brand; it was ranked seventh out of 30 manufacturers surveyed in the 2020 Driver Power owner survey.
The Honda e gets an impressive array of safety equipment, including a semi-autonomous driving mode that combines lane-keeping assistance and adaptive cruise control to help take the stress out of heavy traffic and motorway driving.
It also gets traffic-sign recognition that beams the relevant speed limit onto the dashboard, as well as those camera side mirrors. Go for the Advance trim level and you get a rear-view camera built into the rear-view mirror, which you can switch on or off, as well as an automatic parking system that’ll steer the car into a parking space for you. There’s no space-saver spare wheel or spare tyre; a tyre inflation kit is standard.
In This Review
- 1VerdictThe Honda e is one of the best small cars out there, electric or otherwise, even if its range is a bit on the short side
- 2Range, battery & chargingThe Honda e delivers enough range for a huge swathe of motorists' daily requirements, but some rivals can go much further
- 3Running costsGreat finance figures make the Honda e more affordable than its fairly high list price initially suggests
- 4Electric motor, drive & performanceThe Honda e is great fun to drive, yet also comfortable and brilliantly designed for town motoring
- 5Interior & comfortThe Honda e's screens seem a bit much at first, but you can use them as much or as little as you wish and just enjoy the brilliant retro-modern interior
- 6Practicality & boot spaceBoot space in the Honda e isn't great, but otherwise practicality is good by small-car standards
- 7Reliability & safety - currently readingThe Honda e has no Euro NCAP crash-test rating yet, but it’s packed with driver aids