Peugeot e-208 running costs & insurance
The electric Peugeot 208 is one of the most affordable electric cars to buy and run on the market
|Insurance group||Warranty||Service interval||Annual company-car tax cost (20%/40%)|
|26-28||3yrs/60,000 miles||2yrs/16,000 miles||From £121/£241|
The Peugeot e-208 is very well priced by electric-car standards, with a starting price of just over £30,000 as of September 2022. However, spec-for-spec comparisons mean rivals are just as good value and finance is also likely to be comparable.
Peugeot e-208 insurance group
The Peugeot’s insurance groups range from 26 for the entry-level car to 28 for the range-topper, which is quite a bit more than the Renault ZOE's group 20. Unfortunately, electric cars currently tend to be a bit more expensive to insure than comparable petrol or diesel cars; do consider this if it’s going to be driven by a high-risk driver, as premiums may be a little more than you expected.
The Peugeot gets a three year/60,000-mile warranty that you can pay to extend. The battery is covered for eight years or 100,000 miles; it'll be replaced or refurbished if it loses more than 30% of its as-new performance within that duration.
The Peugeot will tell you when it needs servicing with a message on the dashboard, and the interval can vary depending on your mileage and sort of driving you do. However, Peugeot offers well priced service plans that cost from £8 per month for three years servicing – and they're cheaper for the electric 208 than for the petrol or diesel versions.
In This Review
- 1VerdictThe electric Peugeot 208 is a smart, grown-up package that's fun to drive and has both a useful range and decent rapid-charging capability
- 2Range, battery & chargingThe electric Peugeot 208's range of 225 miles will be more than enough for most, and 100kW rapid charging is great for the small-car class
- 3Running costs & insurance - currently readingThe electric Peugeot 208 is one of the most affordable electric cars to buy and run on the market
- 4Performance, motor & driveThe electric Peugeot 208 is nippy enough and has deft handling that lives up to its sporty looks
- 5Interior, dashboard & comfortA striking dashboard design and textural finish give the electric Peugeot 208 the edge for perceived interior quality and design appeal
- 6Boot space, seating & practicalityThe electric Peugeot 208 has space for four adults, but the boot is small and there’s no dedicated cable storage
- 7Reliability & safety ratingThe electric Peugeot 208 has good safety equipment, although others fare better in crash tests and there’s no space-saver spare wheel