Ford Mondeo Estate Hybrid costs, insurance, warranty & tax
The Ford Mondeo Estate Hybrid is more efficient on paper than the petrol version, but diesel still wins for long-distance driving
|Insurance group||Warranty||Service interval||2021/22 company-car tax cost (20%/40%)|
|21-24||3yrs / 60,000 miles||1yr / 12,500 miles||From £1,706 / £3,411|
The Mondeo Estate Hybrid will be relatively cheap to run for a large, mainly petrol-powered estate car, but in comparison with its direct rivals, it's not all that impressive. And its numbers are massively exceeded by plug-in hybrid rivals like the BMW 330e and Volkswagen Passat GTE.
Ford Mondeo Estate Hybrid insurance group
Insurance groups are 21 for the Zetec Edition, 22 for the Titanium Edition and 24 for the pricier and better equipped Vignale. The Toyota Corolla Touring Sports starts in group 15, rising to group 21.
Like all Ford passenger cars, the Mondeo Hybrid gets a three-year/60,000-mile guarantee from new, which seems inadequate compared to the five and seven-year policies offered by Hyundai and Kia respectively.
The Mondeo Hybrid needs attention once a year or every 12,500 miles – whichever comes up sooner. You can purchase a Ford service plan at any point before the car's first service is due.
Mondeo Hybrid drivers get a small discount on road tax compared to those running a petrol or diesel: £145 a year versus £155.
In This Review
- 1VerdictThe Ford Mondeo Hybrid is a better all-rounder in more practical estate form, but it's still a compromised choice
- 2MPG & CO2 emissionsYou need to choose you Ford Mondeo Estate Hybrid with 17-inch alloy wheels to maximise company-car tax savings
- 3Running costs & insurance - currently readingThe Ford Mondeo Estate Hybrid is more efficient on paper than the petrol version, but diesel still wins for long-distance driving
- 4Performance, engine & driveThe Ford Mondeo Estate Hybrid is a reasonably comfortable cruiser, but the CVT gearbox is frustrating
- 5Interior, dashboard & comfortThe Ford Mondeo Estate Hybrid has reasonable interior quality and plenty of standard kit, but lacks flair
- 6Boot space, seating & praticalityFord Mondeo Estate Hybrid buyers pay a big penalty in luggage capacity compared to a petrol or diesel versions
- 7Reliability & safety ratingReliability should be good on the Ford Mondeo Estate Hybrid; warranty coverage isn't great, but the safety rating is strong