Bentley Bentayga Hybrid reliability & safety
Despite a lack of Euro NCAP crash-test data, we’ve no reason to believe the Bentley Bentayga Hybrid will be unsafe
The Bentley Bentayga Hybrid is unlikely to sell in high enough numbers to warrant Euro NCAP crash-testing, although a five-star rating for the Audi Q7 – with which it shares a platform – suggests the Bentayga will hold up well in the event of a collision.
Bentley Bentayga Hybrid reliability & problems
Its relatively low number of sales means that the Bentayga didn’t feature in the 2020 Driver Power customer satisfaction survey – conducted by our sister title Auto Express – therefore there are no common reliability issues to report.
All we can fairly say from our test drive is that the Bentayga feels built to last, so buyers should have confidence that their vehicle will be well-made and dependable.
The Bentley Bentayga Hybrid has several state-of-the-art safety features at its disposal, although many of these are optional extras that add yet more weight to the already-hefty £133,100 asking price. ‘Predictive’ cruise control uses sat nav data to analyse the road ahead, modulating the car’s speed for changing limits, corners and inclines.
The 360-degree camera and self-parking systems could well be wise choices given that the Bentayga Hybrid measures more than five metres in length, while rear cross-traffic alert should make reversing safer when visibility is restricted.
In This Review
- 1VerdictWhile Bentley has made worthy updates to the interior and exterior, the second-generation Bentayga Hybrid uses the same powertrain as the previous model, so it falls short of rivals
- 2Range, MPG, CO2 & chargingThe Bentley Bentayga Hybrid promises the best fuel economy and CO2 emissions of the line-up
- 3Running costsThe Bentley Bentayga Hybrid will be expensive to run by any standard, but should be cheaper than its pure-petrol siblings
- 4Engines, drive & performanceThe Bentley Bentayga Hybrid contains a 3.0-litre V6 petrol engine, with added performance from an electric motor
- 5Interior & comfortThe inside of the Bentley Bentayga Hybrid is special, although certain elements are beginning to show their age
- 6Practicality & boot spaceBoot space isn’t enormous for a car of this size, but the Bentley Bentayga Hybrid remains a practical machine
- 7Reliability & safety - currently readingDespite a lack of Euro NCAP crash-test data, we’ve no reason to believe the Bentley Bentayga Hybrid will be unsafe