Audi e-tron GT reliability & safety rating
The e-tron GT should match its Porsche sister model's strong crash-test scores and signs look good for reliability
Impartial data on safety and reliability for the e-tron GT has yet to emerge, as it has only recently gone on sale. But as it's based on the same platform as the Porsche Taycan, it's reasonable to take some reassurance from that car's five-star Euro NCAP crash-test rating. It'll take longer for any reliability issues to emerge, but electric cars in general have much less to go wrong than their diesel or petrol-engined counterparts.
Audi e-tron GT reliability & problems
As the e-tron GT has only just gone on sale, no long-term reliability picture has emerged yet. However, like all electric cars, it benefits from having much fewer moving parts than combustion-engined petrol or diesel cars, and therefore much less to potentially go wrong.
The Audi e-tron GT hasn't yet been crash-tested by the independent experts at Euro NCAP, but will of course have undergone rigorous 'in-house' crash-testing at Audi before being put on sale. Euro NCAP has evaluated the e-tron GT's closely-related sister model the Porsche Taycan, however, awarding it the maximum five-star score. The Porsche's adult occupant protection was rated at 85%, it scored 83% for child occupant protection and its safety assistance systems garnered a 73% rating. A similar performance can be expected from the e-tron GT, but we'll have to wait and see if Euro NCAP decides to test it to find out for sure.
In This Review
- 1VerdictThe Audi e-tron GT is an extremely impressive entry into the high-end electric sports saloon class from the German brand
- 2Range, battery & chargingWith an official range approaching 300 miles and very fast charging speeds, the e-tron GT can live up to its 'Grand Tourer' billing
- 3Running costs & insurance ratingInsurance will be pricey, but in other respects the e-tron GT is extremely cheap to run for such a high-end car
- 4Performance, motor & driveThe e-tron GT makes for a very impressive performance car, but with more of a focus on long-distance comfort than its Porsche Taycan cousin
- 5Interior, dashboard & comfortThe e-tron GT has a typically luxurious and well designed Audi interior
- 6Boot space, seating & practicalityAlthough not massively spacious, the e-tron GT still offers a reasonable amount of passenger and luggage room
- 7Reliability & safety rating - currently readingThe e-tron GT should match its Porsche sister model's strong crash-test scores and signs look good for reliability