Audi e-tron GT practicality & boot space
Although not massively spacious, the e-tron GT still offers a reasonable amount of passenger and luggage room
|e-tron GT quattro||4,989mm||2,158mm||1,413mm||405 litres|
|RS e-tron GT||4,989mm||2,158mm||1,396mm||350 litres|
Outright interior space is not the e-tron GT's calling card: for that, Audi offers the e-tron SUV (which is itself available in high-performance e-tron S form). But the GT acquits itself well as a comfortable four-door coupe with room for adults front and back and a reasonable degree of luggage capacity.
Audi e-tron GT interior space, storage & comfort
The e-tron GT's impressive ride comfort (especially with the optional air suspension fitted) contributes greatly to the sense of undisturbed bliss in the cabin during most normal driving. It's not cavernously spacious inside, and the very tallest occupants in the back may have issues with the sloping roofline, but features like the 'foot garage' recesses set into the floor go a long way towards making this a comfortable way of swiftly transporting four over long distances.
Boot space in the e-tron GT is adequate rather than amazing, with 405 litres on offer in the quattro and 350 in the RS, compared to 366 in the closely related Porsche Taycan. There's also a small luggage compartment under the bonnet, giving you another 81 litres to keep a couple of squishy bags or maybe the charging cables.
In This Review
- 1VerdictThe Audi e-tron GT is an extremely impressive entry into the high-end electric sports saloon class from the German brand
- 2Range, battery & chargingWith an official range approaching 300 miles and very fast charging speeds, the e-tron GT can live up to its 'Grand Tourer' billing
- 3Running costsInsurance will be pricey, but in other respects the e-tron GT is extremely cheap to run for such a high-end car
- 4Electric motor, drive & performanceThe e-tron GT makes for a very impressive performance car, but with more of a focus on long-distance comfort than its Porsche Taycan cousin
- 5Interior & comfortThe e-tron GT has a typically luxurious and well designed Audi interior
- 6Practicality & boot space - currently readingAlthough not massively spacious, the e-tron GT still offers a reasonable amount of passenger and luggage room
- 7Reliability & safetyThe e-tron GT should match its Porsche sister model's strong crash-test scores and signs look good for reliability