Skoda Enyaq iV reliability & safety rating
Skoda has a fantastic reputation for reliability, and the Enyaq iV was recently awarded the maximum five-star crash-test rating by Euro NCAP
|Euro NCAP||Adult protection||Child protection||Safety assist|
|5 stars (2021)||94%||89%||82%|
While official data is thin on the ground, we can expect the Enyaq iV to be among the safest and most reliable new cars currently on sale. Boasting kit like collision-avoidance assistance, turn assistance and adaptive cruise control, as well as lane-keeping assistance and automatic emergency braking, the Enyaq iV is loaded to the roof with technology designed to keep you and your family safe. Given the relative simplicity of the electric powertrain and the fact that so many of the parts are used elsewhere in the VW Group, we can assume reliability should be an Enyaq iV strong suit.
Skoda Enyaq iV reliability & problems
Clearly, the Enyaq iV is too new to feature in any of the mainstream reliability or owner satisfaction surveys. However, the brand has a very solid reputation for reliability, and came 12th overall in the 2021 Driver Power Survey ahead of brands like Volkswagen, Mercedes and BMW.
In previous year's results, owners have spoken about how practical their Skodas are – a trait likely to become synonymous with the Enyaq iV before too long – as well as how well built their cabins feel.
The Enyaq iV was awarded the maximum five-star rating by independent crash-test body Euro NCAP. It scored an impressive 94% and 89% for adult and child occupant protection respectively. As hinted at above, thanks to the car's long list of safety kit, the Enyaq iV did well in the Safety Assist category, scoring 82%. Those numbers near enough match the Volkswagen ID.4's scores.
In This Review
- 1VerdictSkoda’s first bespoke electric car very nearly has it all – space, technology and a solid 300-mile range. It represents decent value for money, too
- 2Range, battery & chargingThe Enyaq iV offers a choice of two batteries, for up to 333 miles on a charge – although cold weather affects range
- 3Running costs & insuranceAffordable list prices, low tax bills and long service intervals; whatever you’re used to, the Enyaq iV promises to be a cheap car to run
- 4Performance, motor & driveAlthough not as fast or fun as some electric cars, the Enyaq iV is a safe and predictable car to drive; ride quality could be better, however
- 5Interior, dashboard & comfortThere’s lots of choice when it comes to interior trim, but whichever version of the Enyaq iV you go for you’ll be presented with a spacious and well-finished cabin
- 6Boot space, seating & practicalityThe Enyaq iV is one of the most practical and spacious electric cars currently on sale, with loads of room in any of the five seats
- 7Reliability & safety rating - currently readingSkoda has a fantastic reputation for reliability, and the Enyaq iV was recently awarded the maximum five-star crash-test rating by Euro NCAP