Skoda Enyaq iV boot space & seating
The Enyaq iV is one of the most practical and spacious electric cars currently on sale, with loads of room in any of the five seats
|Length||Width||Height||Boot volume (seats up/down)|
The benefits of the building the Enyaq iV on the VW Group’s 'MEB' electric-car platform are clear the moment you open any one of the five doors. It’s huge inside, with so many clever features that are destined to make it a great electric family car to live with.
But that hasn’t stopped Skoda getting the basics right. It just feels like the engineers and designers have put thought into making the Enyaq iV one of the most practical electric cars on the market. The cabin is roomy and the boot is massive. Better still, all this space is available for a bargain price.
Skoda Enyaq iV interior space, storage & comfort
There’s plenty of space inside the Enyaq iV, whichever of the five seats you’re sitting in. It’s easy to fit a child seat, and adults will have no trouble getting comfortable thanks to the completely flat floor. In addition to the roomy cabin, there’s lots of space for storing odds and ends. There’s the usual deep bin between the front seats, plus a tray behind the gear lever. But that special electric platform frees up space where you might not expect it; there’s a cavern under the centre console that would ordinarily be filled in, for example.
The boot, which measures 585 litres, is huge – and while there is space to keep the cables under the boot floor, there’s no extra storage under the bonnet in the Enyaq iV's case. Fold the rear seats flat and you’re presented with a gigantic 1,710-litre load bay – one of the biggest of any electric car currently on sale.
In This Review
- 1VerdictSkoda's first bespoke electric car very nearly has it all – space, technology and a solid 300-mile range. It represents decent value for money, too
- 2Range, battery & chargingThe Enyaq iV offers a choice of two batteries, for up to 333 miles on a charge – although cold weather affects range
- 3Running costs & insuranceAffordable list prices, low tax bills and long service intervals; whatever you’re used to, the Enyaq iV promises to be a cheap car to run
- 4Performance, motor & driveAlthough not as fast or fun as some electric cars, the Enyaq iV is a safe and predictable car to drive; ride quality could be better, however
- 5Interior, dashboard & comfortThere's lots of choice when it comes to interior trim, but whichever version of the Enyaq iV you go for you’ll be presented with a spacious and well-finished cabin
- 6Boot space, seating & practicality - currently readingThe Enyaq iV is one of the most practical and spacious electric cars currently on sale, with loads of room in any of the five seats
- 7Reliability & safety ratingSkoda has a fantastic reputation for reliability, and the Enyaq iV was also awarded the maximum five-star crash-test rating by Euro NCAP