Citroen C5 Aircross Hybrid interior, dashboard & comfort
The C5 Aircross Hybrid has comfortable seats and a stylish interior, with plenty of kit for your money
Citroen has tended to mirror its cars' distinctive exteriors with equally eye-catching interior designs in recent years, and the C5 Aircross is no exception. Chunky seat upholstery, futuristic-looking design themes and a good level of equipment and in-car technology all make the C5 Hybrid a nice place to spend time in.
Citroen C5 Aircross Hybrid dashboard
Inside, the C5 Hybrid looks good whichever trim you go for. There's a rounded rectangular design theme that repeats in various places around the cabin, and the high centre console makes you feel nicely 'cocooned' in the driver's seat. Some of the interior materials are a bit cheap and scratchy-feeling on closer inspection, though, which is disappointing at this price point.
Equipment, options & accessories
The Citroen C5 Hybrid is available in three trim levels, called Shine, Shine Plus and ‘Black Edition’. Shine gets sat nav, blind-spot monitoring, lane-keeping assistance, automatic emergency braking, front and rear parking sensors and a rear-view camera are standard, as well as 18-inch alloy wheels and dual-zone climate control. Shine Plus adds a half-leather interior, a power-adjustable driver’s seat, an automatic tailgate, active cruise control, a panoramic sunroof and optional parking assistance.
Top-of-the-range Black Edition models feature 19-inch alloy wheels, black contrasting roof and mirrors, an opening panoramic sunroof and Alcantara upholstery for the Advanced Comfort Seats we also saw recently in the C5 X flagship crossover. Black Edition models also get Citroen’s Safety Plus Pack, which includes blind-spot monitoring, LED headlights and Highway Driver Assist.
Infotainment, apps & sat nav
In terms of on-board technology, the C5 Hybrid is bang up-to-date: there's a digital screen rather than physical dials in front of the driver and this nice big 12-inch display in the middle of the dash is standard on all models. The interface isn't the best we've used, and it's always annoying trying to adjust the air-conditioning on a touchscreen, but there is at least Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, so you can easily use your preferred phone apps for music and navigation. The hybrid-specific driving modes are accessible by this button, but again, it’s a bit of a stretch to reach it.
In This Review
- 1VerdictThe C5 Aircross Hybrid is yet another option for company-car users after a plug-in SUV. It's cheap to run, but beaten by rivals in some respects
- 2Range, MPG, CO2 & chargingThe C5 Aircross Hybrid returns similarly impressive numbers to other large plug-in hybrid family cars
- 3Running costs & insuranceAs with most plug-in hybrids, the C5 Aircross ensures company-car users enjoy ultra-low tax rates
- 4Performance, engine & drivePerformance from the 222bhp petrol-electric engine is strong, but in other respects the C5 Aircross isn't that great to drive
- 5Interior, dashboard & comfort - currently readingThe C5 Aircross Hybrid has comfortable seats and a stylish interior, with plenty of kit for your money
- 6Boot space, seating & practicalityThe C5 hybrid offers less total carrying and towing capacities than its petrol and diesel stablemates, but remains a pretty versatile choice
- 7Reliability & safety ratingThe C5 Aircross is a pretty new model for the time being, but the signs are good for both safety and reliability
- 8Living with itWe see how the Citroen C5 Aircross Hybrid's promises of practicality, efficiency and ease of use stand up in the real world